Achievements

August 28, 2011

Make It Monday & a Card

Hi,

Today i have two cards, one is this weeks Make it Monday and the other i made for this months PTI blog hop, but ..... With work and classes starting tomorrow (Yikes!) i forgot to get the post ready. I already had plans Thursday night and couldn;t get it up in time, so i've added the card below today's MIM. So today's post is a little long! :)


The MIM challenge this week is to color free style. I experimented with a few different stamps and markers. I ended up with some prismacolor markers and a spider web stamp from PTI Halloween Tags.  I used orange, green and purple to color the spider web.


I used a little spider from another stamp in the set, and cut him out. I added thin black ribbon to the circle for the spider to 'hang' from. The the top of the circle i added  a tiny bow. I adhered the spider on a pop up dot at the end of the ribbon.


I made the cardbase from black cardstock and added a white faux stitching around the front. Next i adhered the circle on pop up dots. I did this 6 times to make a card set, but forgot a card when i took the pics! :)

My next card i intended for the August PTI blog hop. I really liked the dark pink in the photo. I used some pink cardstock and stamped the strawberry in versamark ink and embossed them. Next i added Stickles to each strawberry. Above this i stamped a twinkle background in green on white cardstock.

I added a strip of green ribbon across the card and stamped 'are so sweet' in black ink. I wanted to do something different then the traditional bow. From a length i of ribbon i made 3 loops. I used a stapler to secure. Then i made another 3 loops with another piece of ribbon.  I used the stapler to secure both sides together and used a small piece of ribbon to wrap around the middle. Then i added a big matching button to the middle and topped it off with a chipboard U.



Have a great day!!

Dana

Supplies:
MIM
Stamps: Papertrey Ink, 2009 Halloween Tags
Die: Spellbinders
Ribbon: Offray
Makers: Prismacolor
Ink: Stazon

August Blog Hop
Stamps: Papertrey Ink,  Fruit Fusion: Berry, Background Basics, Twinkle, Wonderful Words Additions
Ribbon: Offray
Ink: Versamark, Studio G
Embossing Powder: Unknown
Chipboard: Unknown
Glitter: Stickles

No comments:

Post a Comment