Achievements

July 24, 2013

Ahoy Matey



Hi There!

Today i have a card for Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge. Its i busy so far this week final test is tomorrow so i've been studying for that, getting my design team assignments done and this weekend i'll be working on a guest designer projects that you can see next month! (yay!)

I finished this card this past week and just had time today to get pictures taken. The inspiration is a nautical theme:


I have no nautical stamp but luckily i have some wood veneer pieces that fit the theme. I found some pattern paper that could have a nautical feel to it. The picture had some blue and yellow so i found a white and blue stripe pattern. And then for the yellow i found yellow pattern and wood paper.

To make it a littler more 'nautical' i added a strip of navy blue paper and red washi tape across my yellow pattern paper.


I wrapped some white and silver hemp cord around the yellow pattern paper and then added the wood veneer.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Dana

Supplies:
Darice: Hemp Cord
Wood Veneer: Studio Calico
Pattern paper: My Minds Eye - Bramble Road. Fancy Pants - Trendsetter
Washi Tape: Target - Red

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Dana! love the mix of diagonal and horizontal stripes with those fantastic wooden pieces! thanks so much for playing along at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stiped paper and the wood elements. Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome Dana! I love your CAS design...fab nautical card...expertly done! Thanks for playing along at the Curtain Call Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the wood veneers and the blue/red that you added, this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For not having any nautical stamps...my goodness, I can practically smell the ocean! Those veneer pieces are fabulous, but your paper & layout just tip it right over :) Love it! Good luck on your test!!!

    ReplyDelete