Achievements

July 19, 2013

Hee


Hi there!

*** Long post today!! ****

Is it hot enough for you?!? I think the whole Northern Hemisphere is in a heatwave!! Its supposed to break sometime Saturday and i can;t wait!!

I was going to have lots of cards to share this week, but i a little unplanned craft room reorganization happen! :)  Last week i found that our jug of distilled water had leaked over a good portion of an old family trunk, it had to come out of the craft room to dry out and luckily it didn;t ruin the wood floor.

While the trunk was out my mom said she still wanted to find a shelf that would go over the trunk and maybe hold some of my crafty supplies that had meandered to the craft room floor! :D

Well after measuring and a couple days of looking we found the perfect self! Here is a picture of what it looked like before, just over a year ago when i moved in with my mom. The trunk is just past the shelf with the cardstock on the left.




Here it is today:



I had a box stuffed with embellishments and 6x6 paper pads, plus more 12 x12 paper holders all on the floor and it was driving my mom crazy! Oh yeah and i had gotten a Silhouette that was moved all over the place as i was using it and not using it.

I really like it now, its a lot easier to see and use my supplies! After everything was organized, i sat down late at night to start a card. I decided to use this weeks colors at Summer Card Camp 2 and the sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches:



For my card i flipped the sketch on its side and the layered rectangle became a rectangle that went across most of the card.


I stamped the cute little dog in brown ink and used distress markers to color him. Then from Summer Card Camp i used a versamark pen and colored the image and then embossed it with clear powder (sorry no pic of its shininess, but hey the sun was out and it was 95 degrees, i took super fast pics!!)

Next i stamped a stripe background on the cardbase, then i punched the tab and stamped my sentiment. I adhered the tab to my rectangle and then adhered it all to the cardbase.


Last i added the ribbon that i dyed myself, it was a bit darker when it was wet, so next time i'll probably dye it again. My dye job was really easy, i took the same maker i used to color the dogs collar and colored the inside of a snack baggie (both sides). Then i added a little bit of pearlized water with my mister. Add the seam binding, seal and then i just smashed and pushed the ribbon around letting it soak up the ink and water. Then i balled it into the corner to dry (open the bag).

Thanks for sticking with me today, it was a super long post!! LOL

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Hero Arts - Horizontal Lines. Print Works Collection - Hot Dog. Paper Smooches - Slang Gang
Markers: Memento - New Sprout. Distress - Vintage Photo, Antique Linen. Versamarker
Ink: Papertrey Ink - Dark chocolate, Fine Linen

6 comments:

  1. Man, I have to organize too. I don't wanna. I love your dyed seam binding! I can't manage (yet) to get the trick of telling when it's wet. Awesome idea to use a sandwich bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your reorganization, it definitely looks like everything is within arms reach or nearly that, and the card is so cute! I need that sentiment! ha! Also loving the new blog look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need shelves like this is my craft room!! Cute card!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute image..such a sweet card! Thank you for using our sketch and TWist this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous craft room, Dana! I love how your inks are shelved and that dachshund is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the doggie image. This so cute!! I love the shelving unit...I need more organization in my space ;)

    ReplyDelete