Achievements

October 13, 2013

Coloring With Inktense Watercolors

Hello!!

Today i'm sharing a card using Inktense Watercolors! They are so nice, i really need to use them more often! These watercolors are so intense and perfect for coloring some zombies! Yep, i said zombies!! Tonight is the premier of AMC's The Walking Dead!! And in celebration i made a zombie card with some Sweet Stamp Shop stamps!!

I've been busy this weekend, either in the craft room or at work. I took a little time away from some DT stuff to make this scary card!! LOL And coloring with  Inktense watercolors was awesome, the green is a perfect skin color for zombies!!!

I first stamped both the boy and girl zombies onto some watercolor paper. I used green for the skin, red for the eyes, brain and the patch on the girl zombie. I also used purple inktense watercolor for the girls hair. After they had dried, i cut them out.

Sweet Stamp Shop - Zombies

Next i stamped NOM a couple times with watermark ink on my brown cardbase. Then i stamped the sentiment Happy Halloween and embossed it in white. Last i adhered the zombies with foam tape!

Sweet Stamp Shop - Zombies

The inktense watercolors are so easy to use, i colored in most spots lightly and then went back in and colored the shaded areas a little harder, laying down more color. Then i used water to smooth it all out. I am sure if i really colored it in, it would be that more intense!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Stay tuned next week, there is new Sweet Stamp Shop stamps and they are AH-mazing!!!

Dana

Supplies:
Stamps: Sweet Stamp Shop - Zombies
Ink: Watermark ink. Versamark - brown
Watercolors: Inktense
Embossing Powder: Hampton Art - White.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, man, Dana, these zombies are so creepy and COOL! My nieces and nephews would love a Halloween card like this! (Actually, so would my own kids!) Great coloring...I may have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creepy awesome! I love the nom nom in the background :)

    ReplyDelete