Achievements

November 22, 2013

Stamping on Cork

Hiya!

Today i'm stamping on cork! You can do all sorts of things with cork, my favorite is to stamp on it. And for today's card i not only stamped on it but i got all inky over it!!

I am submitting this card to The Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge. The Inspiration is the photo below. I really loved the mix of white, green and kraft in the photo!



I started with a sheet of adhesive backed cork and i inked one section of it with green pigment ink. Set that aside to dry. Next i hand cut some white cardstock to make my snowy horizon. I added glitter glue along the top edge and set that aside to dry also.
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

Next i added some woodgrain and white chevron pattern paper to my cardbase. Then i stamped with some Liquid Pearls, yes that's correct Liquid Pearls!  I just used some extra clear acetate, added a dollup of white opal Liquid Pearls then with a small star stamp i smeared the pearls around a little. Then i cleaned my stamp, then tapped my stamp in the puddle i made and stamped it on the pattern paper. Here is a close up of what stamped Liquid Pearls looks like:

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

Set that aside to dry (lots of drying time with this card!! lol) But by now the cork is probably read, i stamped the Christmas trees over my green cork, then cut them all out. I added my sparkly white horizon on my cardbase, then stamped my sentiment. Last i added the cut out Christmas trees! I really love how this card turned out!!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps


Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll be back tomorrow with another card!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Verve Stamps - Holiday Greetings
Ink: Memento Luxe - Pistachio
Cork: Recollections
Pattern Paper: American Crafts - Neapolitan

5 comments:

  1. love this! the trees have some much texture! thanks so much for playing along at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! I like how cleanly the cork cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card Dana. Love those trees and the chevron background. Thank you for playing along with us at The Curtail Call Inspiration Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the texture of the cork - and what a cool idea to stamp with LP! Going to have to try that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cork trees! What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete