Achievements

January 30, 2014

Cure For The Monday Blues Challenge #2

Hey there!!

I'm popping in real quick with a card i made for the Cure For The Monday Blue's Challenge #2! I also was playing with some stencils and embossing paste. I used a technique used in The Online Card Class - Stenciled for day 3.


First i used a some white embossing paste and mixed in some light pink acrylic paint. Then i used the paste on a damask pattern stencil. Let it dry, and oh my the texture!!!
Dana Warren - Paper Kraft Stamps
The inspiration photo had a pop of green so i added some bright green trim to my card. Cut down the damask pattern and added it to my card base too. The photo has a lot of white and pink, so i did the same in my card.

Dana Warren - Paper Kraft Stamps

I stamped and colored the cute little unicorn (pink of course!! lol), cut her out and adhered her to my card. Last i used some wood veneer shapes (have no idea what shape this would be called, they are not really stars....) and covered them with pink glitter glue!

Dana Warren - Paper Kraft Stamps

I hope you will stop and submit a card to the Cure For The Monday Blue's Challenge#2!! Its the brain child of my good friend Taheerah Atchia!

Thanks for stopping by!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps - Enchanted
Distress Markers: Tumbled Glass, Gathered Twigs, Vintage Photo, Tea Dye, Festive Berries, Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar
Glitter Glue: Stickles - Cotton Candy
Wood Veneer: Studio Calico
Decorative Trim: Hobby Lobby

5 comments:

  1. That pink paste with the damask is just gorgeous! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, how delightful, smile-making and heart-warming is this sweet card! Your embossing is so eye-catching; yet another inspiration-nudge for me to get on with this trend! Your unicorn: darling! I'm so impressed with your colouring! Awesome,+++
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So so happy to see you playing two weeks in a row Dana! That so made my week. :-) Love your bright and whimsical take on the inspiration - that flying unicorn is awesome!! Thanks so much for playing to Cure The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That texture is amazing! Love the barest hint of pink - and what WOULD those shapes be called? lol!

    ReplyDelete