Achievements

March 23, 2014

Blue Bird Hello

Hey!!

Today i am sharing a nice springy card with a lovely blue bird! I've started to see birds around here so spring must be on the way! Birds would know wouldn't they? lol

I am entering this in Moxie Fab's Styling with Stencils Challenge.
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

I used a technique i learn at the Online Stencil Card Class, i forget what its called but basically you draw lines in the stencil shape. For my card i used the fine tip end of my distress markers and filled in each part of the stencil with several colors. For example with the bird i started with a light blue, making long lines (vertical lines, top to bottom). Then i went in with a darker blue, added my lines from about middle down. Next i used my darkest blue and added lines starting near the bottom of the bird. Last i went back with my light blue and added more lines to help blend. I also added a few darker lines above the main line to help blend a bit. (hopefully this all makes sense!!)

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

I continued to do this for the leaves and the branches. I went in with a find tip black marker and gave the bird a eye. Next i stamped the sentiment Hello in black ink. Last i trimmed the panel a little and added a blue strip at the right and adhered it all to my card base.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

Thanks so much for stopping by!! I'll be back each day this coming week, I've been on a roll in the card making department!! Its like the total opposite of having no Mojo and is a great feeling, so I've been taking advantage of it!!! LOL It also dosen;t hurt that i have been playing with new TAWs stamp, stay tuned this weekend for the start of the sneak peeks!!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp - For the Record
Stencil: Heide Swapp
Ink: Memento Luxe - Tuxedo Black
Distress Markers: Bundled Sage, Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, Brushed Corduroy, Vintage Photo, Antique Linen, Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Faded Jeans, Salty Ocean.
Watercolor paper

7 comments:

  1. Holy smokes, Dana - this is gorgeous (hope you're not tired of hearing this from me, but hey, all your cards are gorgeous!). Texture, depth, dimension: it's all here! I'm in awe (now I *need* to sign up for this class!). Beautiful! Yes, birds 'should' know spring has arrived. We just have our 'resident' giant crows, here year round. The wee song birds, I think, are a tad intimidated by the big dudes (so am I, actually). Oh yes, the paper for my umbrella is from Soho Garden by American Craft; the pad is filled with all kinds of pretty - just need to use it more!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, you get an A+ on this one, the best I've seen using this technique! Gorgeous effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What fantastic execution of this technique. This is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really beautiful card, i have never seen this technique before, it looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so amazing, it takes my breath away!
    LOVE it!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen this technique before but I know that you rocked it! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how this turned out...great look using the scribbled lines..well done.

    ReplyDelete