Achievements

August 2, 2014

Chirp, Chirp

Hi there!!

Today i'm sharing a card i made a couple of weeks ago! In fact if you have been reading my blog lately you've noticed i have mentioned a stack of cards that are just hanging out at my desk waiting to be blogged about! Well i starting a Summer Cleaning (like spring cleaning, only well ... in late summer!!! haha!!) This cleaning includes doing some craft purging and getting it all up on ebay (and i have a lot, some still in boxes from when i moved!), when purging is done - re-organization  of my crafty space will be completed, my closet and clothes are going to get a purging too!! Also as part of this cleaning i'm going to blog every last card that is on my desk!! I will have to make a couple new ones for my design teams, but other then that, not making another card until my desk is clear!!! (then it can start all over again, ha!!!)

So to kick it off i'm sharing this card!! On the TAWS team the Alison challenged us with keywords and photo inspiration and i got a lot of cards done!! The keyword for this card was twine!!!
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - The Alley Way Stamps

I cut a panel from Kraft card stock and used a Tim Holtz ruler (it has tiny holes, like every 1/8th or something. With a pencil i marked every other hole, then punched each mark with a tiny hole punch. Next i threaded black twine through the holes, randomly choosing holes that matched (side to side) to some that didn't.
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - The Alley Way Stamps

Then i stamped the two birdies from Lighter Then Air multiple times on watercolor paper. I colored them with distress markers and cut them out. Next i randomly placed the birds on my twine panel, when i was happy with the layout i adhered them with foam dots.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - The Alley Way Stamps

Last i needed a sentiment, i used Chirp from the Birds of a Feather set and stamped in 3 times in the bigger spaces made from the twine criss-crosses. On the inside i stamped Happy Bird-Day and added one last bird.

Thanks for stopping by!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps - Lighter Then Air, Birds of a Feather
Twine: May Arts
Ink: Versafine - Black
Distress Markers


5 comments:

  1. What a cute card! I love how you used the twine for all those colorful birdies to perch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, how adorable your little birds are, perched on their 'twine'! Clever, sweet and all-around fabulous! You made me laugh with your 'summer-cleaning' goals, and way to go with blogging 'every last one' of your cards! Brilliant - and then starting over...YES! It's always so fun to visit your blog - creativity of all kinds! I should do some purging too (mainly clothes)...soon! That chevron die on my recent kraft-tag: it's a cover-up die from Lil'Inkers that I thought I'd use more, but don't. I should, as it's quite pretty, but as you know...it's easy to forget what's housed in the collection! Thanks for your visits to my blog; you're such a confidence boost!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this is sweet! I love the twine - the funky threading makes it even more eye-catching. Love those birdies too :) When you're done summer cleaning, want to help me? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really adorable! I love how you used the string to create places for all those birds to perch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super cool and fun design :)

    ReplyDelete