Achievements

August 18, 2014

Happy Everything

Hi!

Yep another card from my pile!! I've been good, other then DT work i haven't made any other cards!! Its been a nice break, but the stamps are calling (especially the new ones, and i did a little organizing and 'found' lots of sets i want to play with!). But i am sticking to my guns and will not make any more until the card pile on my desk is gone, so to hurry it up i'm really working on getting these cards up on the blog, i still have quite a few to go, too!)

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Penny Black

Ok, enough blabbing! This card started with a Penny Black die, Field of Dreams. I cut the poppy flowers from watercolor paper, then i used some distress ink, a paint brush and water to color the flowers.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Penny Black

As the flowers dried i used a Tim Holtz stencil and green distress ink to add a little texture the white card base. Next i stamped the sentiment in brown ink.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Penny Black

I added the flowers to the card base with foam dots. I thought it still needed a little something, so i got out my wood tape and tried to cut it with a punch. It wasn't easy to do, but finally got it to cut, then added the butterflies to the card.

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Penny Black - Special Wishes
Dies: Penny Black - Field of Dreams
Stencil: Tim Holtz - Faded Dots
Punch: Martha Stewart
Distress Ink

4 comments:

  1. What a stunner! Congrats on the tweet by Penny Black!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous inking on those flowers/leaves and love the soft stenciled background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, right there is why I resist cleaning up! I just find more stuff to play with :) This is gorgeous! I love the soft background & the gorgeous job you did on the poppies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you believe I have zero PB in my collection? But that's changing, because I found a "local-ish" distributor (in the city where my family lives...woo hooo!), who carries PB and a wide assortment of other companies' products (including Lawn Fawn...), and I have an order waiting! Guess what's on the list...yes! This very die. I. am. stoked! Love what you've created here; adding this to my 'must case' list!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete