Achievements

September 11, 2014

Stompin' Ground

Hi there!!

How is everyone doing!! I've been super busy, classes have started and i have 2 classes that have a lot of busy work to complete each week, so i'm still getting down the schedule of when to get things done (b/c having everything done at one time each week would be TOO easy!! haha!!)

Anyway today i'm sharing a TAWS card featuring stamps from the new September release!! I am also entering this card into Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. The challenge is to create your own background, i made mine with post it notes & distress ink.


The background is the first thing i did as i wanted to use the sentiment 'Miss you at the ol' stopin' ground' so i needed to make a stomping ground!!
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - The Alley Way Stamps
I started with a white card base and i cut my path from a post it note, make one end smaller to create the illusion the path goes off into the distance. Next i added post it notes horizontally to make my horizon (covering the sky). I used some distress ink to add some green to the areas around my path.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - The Alley Way Stamps

Then i lifted up my path and added the left over pieces from my post it note to mask the green. I used a brown distress ink pad to color in the path. I also blended the green and brown a little at the wide end of my path. For the sky i moved my horizon pieces and covered the grass and then added blue ink to make my sky.
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - The Alley Way Stamps

I stamped, colored (with distress markers) and cut out a dinosaur and rock from the Stomper set. I got the stamped grass piece from the Livin' Fossils set.
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - The Alley Way Stamps
I placed them on my card with foam tape and last stamped the sentiment in the sky! I just love how the background turned out! I was so scared i would get ink in the wrong place!!

Thanks for stopping by!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps - Stomper, Livin' Fossils
Distress Markers & Ink
Post It Notes
Versamark Ink - Black


4 comments:

  1. So cute! What a great little scene! Love the inked scenery and the dimension on the stamped images!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous stompin' background (the path is awesome) and that dino...adorable! The expression on his face, with his different sized eyes, makes me laugh! A most dazzling delight, indeed!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Dana, I love the scene you've created and the image is so cute.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That background is too stinking perfect! I LOVE it!! I could never ink that smoothly!

    ReplyDelete