Achievements

November 3, 2014

Nice List

Hello!!

I'm popping in to share i card i made this weekend. I wanted to use some new goodies so i used the My Favorite Things Sketch as inspiration. Here's the Sketch:
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - My Favorite Things Stamps

I started by die cutting and stamping the three Santa's in MFT Jingle All The Way. Then i used red copics to color the Santa's. If you follow my blog you know i only have have a few colors 3 greens and a couple purple copics. Recently i added a few more to my stash, 3 reds and some skin colors. I figured red was a good color with the Christmas holiday around the corner.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - My Favorite Things Stamps

I started with the first Santa, but i dropped one of the red markers on it, so it went in the trash. The second Santa i got too far out of the lines in a spot and my colorless blender did not 'push' it back! I also experimented with the skin colors and one color is a bit to dark and didn;t blend well, so that Santa went in the trash. Luckily the last Santa wasn;t too bad! I still have a hard time with the ink bleeding outside the lines, so hopefully with a little practice it will not happen. I used distress markers to color the belt and shoes.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - My Favorite Things Stamps

Instead of the rectangles in the sketch i used stitched ovals die and cut them from green card stock. To spice up the ovals, i used a MFT stencil and an opaque pen to outline the chevron pattern of the stencil. I added these to a dark brown card base.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - My Favorite Things Stamps

Next i stamped the sentiment on a strip of white card stock and added it to my card base with foam tape. I found a vintage button, tied a twine bow and added it to my card. Last i added the Santa with foam tape and added a little glitter glue to his hat.

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: My Favorite Things - Jingle All The Way
Die: My Favorite Things - Jingle All The Way
Copics: R30, R24, R22, R29, E00, E53
Stencil: Scattered Bars
Ink: Versafine - Vintage Sepia

4 comments:

  1. Love how you converted the rectangles to ovals! That Santa is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, that is the cutest Santa ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card, Dana! Your Santa looks perfectly coloured to me, and the expression on his face as he puzzles out who is/isn't on the list, is priceless! I, too, die cut several images, and the ones that don't make the cut become underneath layers for the one that does. Stacking them creates a wonderful "chipboard" base. Makes me feel kinda better about not wasting my 'efforts' *grin*
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this layout!! The stenciled ovals were such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete