Achievements

December 23, 2014

Thoughts & Prayers

Hello!

Today i have a simple card to share. I attended a craft show a few weeks ago and sold a bunch of cards, including several sympathy cards. I needed to add a some to my stash, so i used The Alley Way Stamps new stamp set More Than Words.
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - The Alley Way Stamps
I used a light mint like card base and stamped the sentiment 'You Are in Our Thoughts & Prayers' in versamark ink. I embossed it with white embossing powder. Next i pulled out the flower stamp set Pick One and used a dot to stamp and emboss platinum colored dots.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - The Alley Way Stamps

Next i used a grey ink to stamp 3 flowers around the sentiment. At this point i thought about other flowers to stamp, or maybe sequins to add, but instead i kept it simple (thinking less is more) and used a white opaque pen to add dots around the sentiment and flowers.

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps - More Than Words, Pick One
Ink: Hero Arts - Soft Granite
Embossing Powder: Hero Arts - White. Ranger - Liquid Platinum
White Pen: Gelly Roll

 

3 comments:

  1. You are so right, less is more when it comes to sympathy cards. Your card has just the right balance in design. I love the combination of colors on the mint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always try for less on sympathy cards...not always successfully. The balance here is perfect & I love the mint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous sympathy card, Dana - soft, gentle, warm. Sighh....
    ~c

    ReplyDelete