Achievements

February 23, 2017

Art Impressions Challenge 202 - Playful People

Hello!!

It's the second week of Art Impressions Challenge 202 - Playful People! AI has also released 4 new clear stamps and they are AMAZING!! Stop by the AI blog to see all 4 stamp sets!!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions
My card today features the Reel Great Guys stamp set! I started by stamping the guys in the boat on a stitched rectangle. Then I stamped the fish hook sign and added the sentiment inside the sign. I also stamped the fish in the stamp set below the other fishing pole.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions

Then I used my Spectrum Noir Markers to color everything. I started with the fish first, color it green. Then I went in with some blues for the water, going over the already colored fish. I was hoping it would look like the fish was under the water and I wanted to make sure it would work before coloring everything else. Well, I think it worked so on to the other color I went! I used: DR1, DG3, CG4, CG5, EB1, EB2, EB5, EB6, FS4, FS6, FS9, GB8, GB9, GT2, GT3, IG1, IG4, IG6, JT3, TN8, TN9. Spectrum Noir Illustrator Markers: AB1, AB3.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions

Next, I found some pattern paper that matched and added it to a white card base. Since this is a guy card I didn't want a lot of 'extra' stuff so to keep it simple and still masculine I added a few matching enamel dots to the panel. Last I just adhered the panel to the card.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions
Thanks so much for stopping by!! Make sure you stop by the AI blog for more inspiration and your chance to play along with our Playful People challenge!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Art Impressions - Reel Great Guys
Pattern Paper: Simple Stories - Vintage Bliss
Embellishments: My Minds Eye - Kat & Co Oxford Lane Enamel Dots
Spectrum Noir Markers
Spectrum Noir Illustrator Markers

3 comments:

  1. So cool how you did this with the fish under the water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic masculine card, Dana! Those big guys in their little boat are a hoot! I agree with Karen, that fish looks great underwater!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fishing scene, Dana. The fish does appear to be below the water! Thanks for the inspiration. I have this set on the way!!

    ReplyDelete