Achievements

February 27, 2017

Ink Smooshing with Distress Ink

Hello!!

I have another card I made for fun and for Winnie & Walter's 3rd Birthday Bash Challenges! This card is for the Ink Smooshing Challenge! This is my favorite way to watercolor a background!!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Winnie & Walter
I started with Winnie & Walter's Welcome to the Family stamp set and placed the small baby sentiment stamps and couple hearts together in a group on my Misti. Then I started stamping the group all over a watercolor panel, moving the panel around until it was covered.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Winnie & Walter

Then I pressed Wild Honey Distress Ink to a flat plastic palette and added a spritzed or two. I pressed the stamped panel into the ink a couple times. Before doing the same thing with the Work Lipstick ink I let the yellow dry first.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Winnie & Walter

While the background was drying I stamped the super cute Giraffe and then colored him with my Spectrum Noir Markers. I used: FS6, GB1, GB7, TN1,TN7, TN8, TN9. Then I trimmed the top part of the image. I stamped New Baby below the giraffe.

Before I added the image I used Ground Espresso Distress Marker to squiggle some ink on the palette and then added some water. I flicked the ink over the background and let that dry.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Winnie & Walter
When the background was totally dry I added a strip of vellum to the bottom of the card and then added the giraffe panel to the card with foam tape. Last I added some dark wooden dots to the card.

Thanks for stopping by!

Dana

Stamps: Winnie & Walter - Welcome to The Family
Ink: Distress Ink - Wild Honey, Worn Lipstick
Distress Marker - Ground Espresso
Embellishments: Recollection - Wooden Dots
Spectrum Noir Markers

2 comments:

  1. What a great background you created for that sweet little giraffe! Your smooshing is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool background! I love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete