Achievements

February 28, 2017

Making a Stencil with Dies

Hello!

I'm back with another I made for Winnie & Walter's 3rd Birthday Bash Challenges! This one was fun, it's been awhile since I played with my embossing paste. This card is for the Stencil Challenge!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Winnie & Walter
I don't have any Winnie & Walter stencils, but I just received the new Typecast: Cary Letters Cutaways. The alphabet comes attached and I decided to run the whole thing through my die cutting machine as it is. I used some thick white card stock because I am going to use it as my stencil and it has to hold up to the embossing paste and being scraped.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Winnie & Walter

I pushed out all alphabets, I'll keep these for another future card. I placed my handmade stencil over a white card base. Then I mixed embossing Paste and Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals - Chateau Rose, this is a powder pigment. I got this gorgeous dark peach color, that I spread over my stencil. Since I had a lot extra I pulled out a couple other stencils and used it all up with them and now I have some cool backgrounds for future use.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Winnie & Walter

While the background was drying I used Winnie & Walter's The Party and stamped a couple balloons in mint. I used an opaque white pen to add polka dots to the smaller balloon. I fussy cut them out and then added some white and gray twine to the balloons. I tied a small piece into a bow.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Winnie & Walter
I cut a strip of white card stock and stamped Let's Celebrate in gray and added it over the alpha background. Last, I added the balloons and bow.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Winnie & Walter - The Party
Die: Winnie & Walter - Typecast: Cary Letters Cutaways
Ink: Distress Ink - Cracked Pistachio. Hero Arts - Soft Granite
Lindy's Stamp Gang - Magical - Chateau Rose
Dreamweaver Embossing Paste

1 comment:

  1. Love the color of the paste and the background you created with the die cut negative!

    ReplyDelete