Achievements

February 22, 2017

Masculine with Distress Markers

Hello!

I'm on the Art Impressions blog today with another masculine card!! What can I say I was in the mood! Masculine cards can be tough, but a good way to make it easy is a cool manly stamp and manly pattern paper!! For my card I used Art Impressions Old Guy Club Set with Fancy Pants Swagger pattern paper. 

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions
I started by cutting some watercolor paper with a stitched die. Then I stamped the Old Guys and then used my Distress Markers to color them up: Tattered Rose, Pumice Stone, Ground Espresso, Peeled Paint, Peacock Feathers, Black Soot, Carved Pumpkin, Rusty Hinge, Iced Spruce, Evergreen Bough, Vintage Photo.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions

I picked out the vintage looking pattern added it to a white card base. From the same pattern paper pad, I cut a strip of wood grain and cut notches in the ends. I folded it in half and added a brad to the center. With some adhesive, I added the embellishment to the corner of my stamped panel. 

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions
Last, I added the stamped panel to the card with foam tape. Another tip for masculine is to keep it simple: Pattern paper background, stamped and color image and one embellishment!

Thanks so much for stopping by!! 

Dana

Supplies:
Stamps: Art Impressions - Old Guys Club
Pattern Paper: Fancy Pants - Swagger
Distress Markers
Recollections - Fall Brads

4 comments:

  1. Those old guys are hilarious and your coloring is amazing! Such a fun card, Dana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...this is fantastic, not only your coloring but those dudes and the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Those guys crack me up! FABulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those grumpy men and great patterned paper choice!

    ReplyDelete