February 26, 2017

Watercoloring not on Watercoloring Paper

Hello!

Today I have a card I made for Altenew Inspiration Challenge. Below is the photo and color inspiration! I decided to do something a little different and watercolor, but not on watercolor paper!! Don't worry it still works, just not as well! But, I like how it looks, so well I just do it!! LOL!! I am also entering this in Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes!


Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Altenew
I started with Altenew's Painted Flower stamp set, adding just the outline layer flowers to my Misti. Then I first colored the flower parts with Worn Lipstick Distress Marker, then stamped it. Next, I colored the flowers with Picked Raspberry and stamped again. With a water brush, I went over the pink lines pulling the color into the flower, it was helpful to also pull color from the solid parts and add it here and there.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Altenew

I did the same thing with the leaves using the Peeled Paint Distress Marker. For the sentiment I used Brushed Corduroy Marker, stamping it a couple times. The sentiment is from the Ori Kami stamp set.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Altenew

With the Brushed Corduroy, I added some dots with the marker and for some added texture some sequins.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Altenew

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Altenew - Painted Flowers, Ori Kami
Distress Markers
Sequins: Neat & Tangled - Sweetheart Mix

8 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous. so delicate with the perfect florals for the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Dana! I love how you left white in your flowers with your watercolor technique. Sometimes I just get too heavy handed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello dana! super sweet CAS card, luv those gorgeous flowers! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana, I love your delicate and soft design! Thanks for joining Altenew Inspiration challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so fresh and lovely, Dana! Congratulations on the winning shoutout from Altenew!! Well-deserved!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...that is an amazing card!!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete