Achievements

August 24, 2017

Art Impressions Challenge #215 - Orange & Purple

Hello!

It's the second week of Art Impressions Challenge #215! The challenge is to use Orange & Purple! Art Impressions also has new Halloween wood stamps now available at Hobby Lobby!! I have two cards to share, both featuring the Halloween word stamp.


Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions
I first made the above card, but ended up not using a lot of orange or purple so I made a second card (keep scrolling for that card!) To make the background I placed a white card base on a lined mat, making sure the card was straight. With a straight scrap piece of paper I lined it up to lines on the mat, then lined up the edge of the wood stamp to the scrap paper, then stamped. This way I was able to stamp my rows and keep them all straight!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions

From my stash I used some chipboard hearts and circle alpha hearts for this card. I used my Spectrum Noir Markers to color the Halloween.
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions
For the second card I used more orange and purple papers and kept my stamping simple. I found a cool detailed corner die from my mom's stash (i'm home for a brief summer break, and its almost over!! :( ugh!!!). More circle alpha's, because that's the only alpha that my mom had and matched!!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions

For a little sparkle I added Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen to the open spaces of the die. I kept the stamped Halloween uncolored since the rest of the card was so colorful and layered.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions

Thanks so much for stopping by! Make sure you stop by and play along with the Art Impressions Orange & Purple challenge!!

Dana

4 comments:

  1. Love both your cards but especially the one with the background you created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did better than I did with the orange & purple idea!! I love that lacy die - great way to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both very cool but the white one is just AMAZING! You took a one word sentiment and made it the star!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your cards are really cute. I really love that lacy die cut you used. I also love how you accented the stamp with the black & white background. Great idea! Jil

    ReplyDelete