Achievements

August 2, 2017

Watercolor background with Art Impressions

Hello !!

I'm on the Art Impressions blog with two cards featuring the His & Hers Gardeners! I created a watercolor color background for each card and it was really easy!! If you already create with AI's Watercolor stamps you have the supplies to make your own watercolor background!!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions

I started by stamping most, if not all of the images from the His & Hers Gardeners clear set on white cardstock. With my Spectrum Noir markers, I colored them and then fussy cut them all out.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions

 For the Guy Gardner card, I used AP1, AP3, AP5, FS2, FS6, FS9, GY1, GY2, GY5, IG1, IG2, IG5, IG6, TN2. The Girl gardener I used in addition to the above AB1, AB2, AB3, TN9, TN8.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions

Next, I trimmed to panels of watercolor cardstock that would fit the card bases. With my images cut out, I could move them around on the panels to plan out what I wanted to paint and where.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions

For both, I started with the grown and worked my way up. The Guy Gardner got a tree, a bush and a little bit of grass along with a nice blue sky for the background of the scene. When it was dry I stamped the Howdy-hoe sentiment and added my colored images with foam tape. 

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions

For the Girl Gardner, I did a few bushes and the sky of course! I kept her background a little bit more simple because I was adding more colored images. I stamped the sentiment and the dot swirl and then added everything else with foam tape.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions


Last, both panels adhered to white card bases. The Girl Gardner card I did more simple (less layering/shading) and for the guy made it a little involved with the shading! Regardless of your skill level, any water coloring looks good!!

Thanks for stopping by! 

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Art Impressions - His & Hers Gardeners
Gansai Watercolors
Spectrum Noir Markers

No comments:

Post a Comment