Achievements

September 6, 2017

Art Impressions & Marvy Product Swap!

Hello!!

I'm on the Art Impressions blog today and this week we are doing a product swap with Marvy and I have not one, but two cards to share with you today!! I paired a bunch of Marvy products with AI's Udderly Fantastic stamp set.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions



I started by using the Easy Chalkboard Marker on heavy cardstock and on a think chipboard like material. This pen is amazing, basically, make a chalkboard out of anything!! I just used it on paper but I can imagine it would be awesome on other materials, too!! I did two layers on the heavy card stock and chipboard and both held up wonderfully!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions

When it was all dry, I die cut the chalkboard paper with a stitched rectangle, then placed a Heidi Swapp stencil over the panel. With Bistro Chisel Chalk Marker set I basically used the stencil as a guide to make my circles. I set the panel aside to dry.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions

Next, I stamped the jumping cow twice, since I am making two cards. To color the cow I used Marvy's Le Pluma markers, they are permanent alchohol based ink and I was impressed on how well these colors blended! I used OR823, OR821, OR822, OR820, R810, 812. For the spots, I used my Spectrum Noir markers, GY2, GY5 and for the skirt, I used IG5, IG6, IG8. I also used the chalk markers on the ballons, hat and skirt trim to help tie it in with the background. 

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions
For this card, I used the Bistro Chalk Marker Broad Tip markers. I actually made this background first. I found that I used to much chalk ink and it would leak under the stencil. I still liked to look, less perfect can be nice too! I used the Minz Pointz Circles from The Crafter's Workshop.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions

For both cards, I die cut a whtie circle and added it to each panel. I also die cut two banners and stamped the sentiments. I added the banners and the images with foam tape. 

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions

Since my backgrounds are made with chalk markers and can be easily scraped off I would suggest using a clear scealer like modge podge or similar. I don't have any at hand so I can't give it try, but I would think that would keep the chalk in place!

Thank you so much for stopping by!!
Dana

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love the chalk markers, how fun, and that cow is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete