Achievements

June 29, 2011

Challenges Galore!!

Welcome!
Today i have a card that i made for the Summer Card Camp Color Combo and PTI's Make it Monday #21 - Polaroid 2 Step Masking. This is a really fun technique, that i am sure to use again and again! For my card i decided to take the Polaroid literally and make a "polaroid" for the front of my card.



I started with a piece of Kraft cardstock and cut a piece of white scrap paper the same size. With the scrap paper i used a ruler to get my polaroid shape and cut out the inside square. Using the same technique that Nichole used in the video, i had my inside square on my Kraft cardstock and i used a piece of scrap felt and white ink to ink the white part of my polaroid. I then used the actual ink pad, to get a good white coverage.



After the ink dried, i placed the mask over the white inked part and stamped a background and a little baby onesie. I added a little white pearl just under the word Baby, on the onesie. At the bottom of the "polaroid" i stamped Happy New Baby in purple ink.



The color challenge was to use purple, pink, orange, sky blue and white. With the polaroid i got the white covered pretty good!! For the other colors i went with an orange background pattern paper, and ink the edges with white ink. Then added a pink pattern paper on top of that (edges inked too). Then a sky blue satin ribbon. I stamped the background in the polaroid blue and purple, and the onesie in purple.

Have a great day!!

Dana

Supplies
Kraft cardstock: The Paper Studio
Pattern paper: W R Memory Keepers: Family Keepsake. Kaiser Craft: Class of 87.
Ribbon: Offray
Ink: Color box, sky blue. Studio G, purple and white
Stamps: Papertrey Ink's Bitty Baby Blessings

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I love your Polaroid looking picture. This is great!. I would have thought you would have tons of comments on this card. Nice work. Very creative idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. the card is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever you! This is a fantastic and totally innovative card. So well stamped too. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete