Achievements

July 17, 2011

Summer Card Camp - Week 3 Color Combo

Hello,

This is my second card with this color combo.  I did have a 3rd card, but it was just kind of blah! But this card turned out great. I used the same technique i used for this card. This time i used a different flower die and tissue paper. Doing errands this weekend i picked up some red tissue paper and a tan sparkle tissue paper  (from Target). But you can't see any sparkle in the tissue paper, even in person.



I die cut 3 flower sizes from both colors. I separated the tissue layers and then crumpled a few at a time then smooth them out a little. Then layering red then tan. I had enough to make 2 flowers, the second went in the extra/left over embellishment drawer to use at a later date. I pierced two holes and added a brown button with twine. Then tied the twine in a tiny bow.


Next i die cut a piece of cork with a tag die. The cork i spotted on my trip to Target, too. The back is adhesive (which makes it super easy to use!) i got it the same place contact paper is, along with that plastic stuff you line your shelf's with. Which at least in my local Target was btw the plastic storage and cleaning supplies. :)



I also die cut a piece of cardboard recycle from a Wheatbles box. I adhere the cork to this, which help the cork lie flat as it curled a little from the die cutting machine. I used another die to cut a banner from brown cardstock and adhered it to tag and trimmed. I added white glitter stickers to this brown piece. And adhered my flower to tag as well.

On kraft cardstock i stamp a hounds tooth background with versamark. From red poke-a-dot paper i used a border punch. Then used some double sided tape to add a strip of glitter to the red pattern paper. I adhered this to my cardbase and then added the tag on top.

Thanks for stopping in!

Dana

Supplies:
Stamps: Glitz Design
Tissue paper: Target
Alpha Stickers: American Crafts
Ink: Versamark
Dies: Papertry Ink, Tag, Beautiful Blooms II #1. Quickutz, banner
Twine:   http://www.etsy.com/shop/swanandshears.
Ribbon & button: unknown
Glitter: Art Glitter Institue

No comments:

Post a Comment