Achievements

November 26, 2011

Snowflake Tag

Hi,

Today i have a card that i made for this months Hero Arts challenge. One of the challenges is making tags. I made a tag and put it on a card. The tag is made out of natural colored muslin. I used a tag die, it didn;t quite cut all the way through, but i just snipped the the few spots with my fabric scissors.



Next i stamped snowflakes all over the tag. Then i die cut a tiny snowflake and stamped the snowflake in the same ink that i used on the tag. I added a rhinestone to the snowflake middle and adhered little snowflake to the tag with a pop up dot. I used glitter glue on the tag snowflakes, i just used the bottle to spread the glue around lightly. I just used a little glitter, as i didn;t want it to be too sparkly.



For the ribbon at the top of the tag, i actually dyed it. This is the first time i have ever died ribbon and i learned a bit, but plan on doing it some more! I started with white twill ribbon and used a small bread pan i got at the dollar store. I used pearlized water (learning that you don;t see any sparkly from it, so use regular water!) and a few drops of ink. I used to ribbon to soak up the color then left it in the pan to dry. When i did this the dye had evenly spread through the twill. But when i came back after it dried, the die/water had settled. But regardless i liked the look of the ribbon. Next time i can find some white twill i want to experiment with my other colors i have.


After i threaded the twill trough the tag i tied a piece of twine at the top. I adhered the tag to the card with pop up dots and stamped Let It Snow along side the tag. Last i edged the card with ink.

Thanks for stopping by!

Dana

Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts: Holiday Cheer, Get Merry  Papertrey Ink: Tremendous Treats: Christmas
Ink: Papertrey Ink: Aqua Mist
Twill ribbon: Unknown
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink: Rustic Cream
Rhinestone: Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment