Achievements

August 24, 2013

Love and Cheer

Hi there!

I have another card for Papertrey Ink's Stamp-a-faire, this one for the Mixing Mists to Match. I used a mini mister from Tim Holtz, but found that it really was too small, but it works. I'll have to keep my eye out for a bigger size.

I filled the mister almost all the way up with the rubbing alcohol then added the Pure Poppy reinkers. I only got 50 drops, but had to pore a little out as it was over flowing. When i spritzed my cardstock, its more pink then red, but i sure if i find a bigger spritz or use less alcohol next time, it should come out more red.


Before spritzing my cardstock, i stamped and embossed the sentiment with brown ink. Then i spritzed, i liked how it looked with only a few spritz, but for this i wanted a more solid color.


After letting it dry ( it didn't take long!) I added brown rhinestones to the periods in the sentiment. Last i added the twine where the stamp had lines.



Thanks for stopping by!! I'll be making more cards tomorrow for Papertrey Ink's Stamp-a-Faire!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Papertrey Ink - Stylish Sentiments: Holiday
Ink: Pure Poppy Reinker. Color Box: Chestnut Pigment Cat's Eye
Twine: May Arts
Embellishments: Rhinestones: Michael's
Embossing Powder: Hampton Art

1 comment:

  1. What a fun idea to add the twine! Love the misted background too :)

    ReplyDelete