Achievements

September 15, 2014

Waffle Flower Challenge August/September 2014 - Take 2

Hi!

Today i'm sharing a card for the Waffle Flower Challenge! I hope you will play along, you have plenty of time!! The challenge is easy, you can pick the sketch or the technique or combine both into one card or project!!





I decided to do the technique challenge this time around and build a scene. I had a idea in my head but i wasn;t sure how it was going to turn out, so i was glad that it turned out ok!! (sure beats have to come up with another plan and start over!!!) :D

To start i die cut a tag from white card stock (i decided to make my scene on an ornament!). I cut a slight wave from a post it note and i added it to the bottom of the tag. I pulled out two shades of grey dye ink and i inked the top part of the tag, kind of leaving the center a little lighter since that is were i planned for my houses to go. I added a little bit of black distress ink over my grey ink.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Waffle Flower

Next i stamped various stars and dots from A Homemade Christmas and Starry Night. I used the grey and black ink and sometimes stamping off before stamping on the tag. I removed the post it note and then used an anti static bag, very heavily as i didn't want the embossing powder to stick to my inked background.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Waffle Flower

I stamped the houses and trees with versamark ink and then embossed them in white. I also stamped a tiny star on each tree and embossed them with yellow embossing powder. I decided i wanted snow in my sky, but i didn;t want to use a white pen, i wasn;t sure how it would turn out so instead i tried something else.... which i didn;t know how that would turn out either... so i could have still messed it up!! hehehe!!

But anyway i got my snow by sprinkling on the white embossing powder with my fingers. After a little trial and error i found that if you heat the sprinkled powder from underneath the tag, that it must melt the bottom of the powder just enough that you then heat from the top with out the powder going everywhere!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Waffle Flower

Once i was done embossing i stamped the Merriest Wishes sentiment from A Homemade Christmas set in black ink. I also traced my wave with some opaque liquid pearl.

To make the tag thick and less flimsy i made my own tag chipboard by cutting several tags from cereal boxes, glued 4 or so layers together, then added my stamped and emboss tagged on top. (i have several of these chipboard tag's glue together already just waiting for a fancy top!)

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Waffle Flower

I added some grey ribbon to the top to make it an ornament that can be hung on the Christmas tree. To give the ornament as a gift and a card all in one, i placed a stencil over a white card base and lightly inked it with grey dye ink. I added the tag to the card base by folding over the ribbon and adhere it with Scotch tape. The recipient can easily peel off the tape and hang the ornament!!

I can't wait to see your take on these challenge, i hope you will play along with us at the Waffle Flower Challenge!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Waffle Flower - A Handmade Christmas, Starry Night
Die: PTI - Tag Die
Ink: Memento Ink & Distress Ink
Tim Holtz: Liquid Pearl
Embossing Powder: Hero Arts - White. Hampton Art - Yellow
Versamark Ink

4 comments:

  1. Love that little scene you created. What a great idea to use the embossing powder as snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, for crying out loud, Dana, how awesome is this little scene you've created! All the details of a lovely winter's evening are here, in miniature! Sooooo brilliant and so pretty!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh....so pretty! I love the perfect scatter of snow!

    ReplyDelete