Achievements

October 30, 2014

Organizing the Ranger Mini Ink Blending Foams - A Tutorial

Hi!!

Today i'm sharing my craft room for Craft Storage Ideas: Show Us Your Happy Place Event! I shared it a few weeks ago, you can see all my photo's here.


Below is a photo of my part of the craft room, the arrow is pointing how i organize my Ranger Mini Ink Blending Foams. I've seen that many people have a blending tool and foam for each color, however i don;t have the space for that!! So i came up with a handy way to keep a foam pad for each color ink and keep it handy (i tend to use stuff if i can see it!)


So here are a couple close up's of my system, along with a little tutorial!


Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Organizing Ranger Mini Blending Foams

I used a metal die to cut a bunch of tags from white card stock. From a local craft store i bought some Velcro stuff and cut the hook side into small squares/rectangles, then i added some glue to the wrong side of Velcro.


Placed the Velcro down close to one side of the tag (you will see why in a second!).


Added a little weight while the glue dried.


When the glue was dry i write in the brand and name of the ink under the Velcro (i don't do it for the distress ink, because well i know the brand! LOL, but i do for other brands).


Then add the blender foams to the Velcro.


Some colors of course will rub off, but the tag before them catches the color.


I use the blender foams with pigment ink too!! They are not just for dye ink!!! ;)


I love how this dosen't take up much room, its easy to do and its expandable. So far i only have the colors that i have actually used and as i use other colors i will do up more tags. When the ring gets full i'll get another one and split the colors up (maybe one will be cool colors the other warm) into two different rings! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!! Also don;t forget about my giveaway, you can check it out here, you still have till Friday to enter!! Tomorrow i'll be back with the The Alley Way Stamps November Release Blog Hop!!

Dana

Supplies
Die: PTI - Tag Sale #3
Ranger Mini Ink Blending Foams
Velcro




6 comments:

  1. Thanks!! :) love this organising tip, thanks so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Dana! I just need more inks and applicators! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic tip! I love it. :) Thanks for linking up at CSI again! We have so enjoyed your pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I popped onto your blog for the TAWS release and saw this post. Thank you for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm..only BRILLIANT! Your system is a time/space saver! Excellent tutorial of an excellent process!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is perfect! I have the larger rectangular foam tool, and maybe I should show how I do mine :)

    ReplyDelete