Achievements

October 15, 2014

Waffle Flower Challenge October/November 2014

Hello!!

A new challenge is up over at Waffle Flower Challenge!! Play along for your chance to be a guest challenge designer and win a stamp set!!! We have two different categories you can play along with, choose just one or the other ... or combine them together!! You have until November 25th to link up! Plenty of time!! Here are this months categories:



I decided to work with the photo inspiration. I love all the texture in this photo!! I really wanted to play with Feather More Stamps Set, plus this set has texture written all over it!!  I started with the feather dies that goes along with these stamps by die cutting some brown felt.
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Waffle Flower Crafts

Next i pressed a versamark inkpad on the felt, mainly along the edges. Next i added white embossing powder, but before i heated it i used a stiff brush (a well used paint brush that didn;t get washed out well) to brush off some of the embossing powder. Last i carefully heated the embossing powder. I love the the look the embossing powder gave the feathers!! Going to be doing this again!!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Waffle Flower Crafts

Next i stamped some feathers randomly over my white card base with brown inks. I inked the card base lightly with a light brown ink. Then i wrapped twine around the panel, near the top. I added the feathers, tied the twine in a knot around the feather ends.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Waffle Flower Crafts

I used the Holiday Label 1 Die to cut a piece of card stock, i then stamped the matching stamp from the Holiday Labels Merry Stamps set. I stamped it and the sentiment from Holiday Labels Give Thanks Stamp set in brown ink and then lightly inked the label with brown (the label was a little too white against my background). Last i added it to cover the knot and feather ends.

I can't wait to see what you do with the photo for inspiration!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Waffle Flower Crafts - Holiday Labels Merry, Holiday Labels Give Thanks, Feather More
Dies: Waffle Flower Crafts - Feather More, Holiday Label 1
Twine: May Arts
Ink: PTI - Dark Chocolate, Fine Linen, Classic Kraft

3 comments:

  1. LOVING those great sparkly feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANT TO TOUCH IT! So much fabulous texture with the felt, embossing, and twine. Perfectly stamped background too - LOVE it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jessi: this is a reach-out-and-touch card! The glittery felt feathers...oh my! Beautiful! Once again, you showcase your 'think outside the box' creativity. Now, my dear friend, keep those feathers close by, because over at TIME OUT, the challenge phrase is "Birds of a feather flock together"; you can use a word, words or the entire phrase as your inspiration. Ahem..you also have birds in your collection. I've seen them *grin*
    ~c

    ReplyDelete