Achievements

April 28, 2016

Peace Comes From Within

Hello!

This is my second post today, if you are looking for my Art Impression post click here.

Today I have a project featuring some new stamps available at Crafter's Companion! Sheena Douglass is releasing a few great Day of the Dead stamps! My project features the flowers from the Floral Fiesta stamp set. I am also entering this in Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Crafter's Companion

These flowers can be used for any occasion, and I used them on a wall decor. I found a wood box frame thing, on clearance at the craft store. It's basically a wood frame with both the front and back with a thin sheet of wood, it was painted black and had a fancy sentiment of some sort on top.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Crafter's Companion

I placed the box over some water color card stock and traced around it with a pencil. Then cut out the square with my trimmer. Next I scribbled Orange, Aquamarine and Heather Spectrum Noir Aqua Markers on a palette, added water and painted the colors all around on my water color square.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Crafter's Companion

While that was drying I stamped the flowers several times. Then I used my Spectrum Nori Markers to color them all up. I used BT7, CR11, CR10, HB2, HB3, IB2, IB3, LV3, OR2, OR3. Then I fussy cut all the flowers.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Crafter's Companion

When the water coloring was dry I stamped the sentiment from Sheena Douglass Taste of India Mandala stamp set. Next  I used double sided adhesive to adhere the water color square to the box frame. Last I added the flowers.

Here is a picture of it hanging on the wall!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Crafter's Companion


Thanks for stopping by!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Crafter's Companion - Sheena Douglass Day of The Dead - Floral Fiesta, Sheena Douglass Taste of India - Mandala
Spectrum Noir Aqua Markers: Orange, Aquamarine and Heather
Spectrum Noir Markers: BT7, CR11, CR10, HB2, HB3, IB2, IB3, LV3, OR2, OR3
Crafter's Companion Water Color Card Stock
Crafter's Companion Ultra Smooth Card Stock
Box Frame

No comments:

Post a Comment