Achievements

June 1, 2016

Get Well Soon

Hello!!

I am on the Art Impressions blog today with a card featuring an image from the Get Well Clear Stamps Set SC0681 available at Michaels. If you need a card in a hurry and don't want to spend time looking for some pattern paper to go with you card, I have a super fast way to spruce up a simple card!! Just use a stencil and a a pen!!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions
I started by stamping the guy in the hospital gown from the Get Well set. Then I used my Spectrum Noir Markers to color him up. I used FS2, FS3, IG1, IG2, IG4, JG2, JG3. Next I trimmed the panel and stamped one of the sentiments above the guy. 

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions

I set aside the panel and then placed a stencil over a white card base. To make sure the stencil didn't move I used washi tape along one side. I found a fine point black pen in my stash and used it to trace the stencil to cover the card base. And that is it really!! You do want a more open stencil and you could use any fine tip marker in any color. 

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions

Next I adhered the panel directly to the card base over part of the stencil pattern, this makes it really flat for mailing!! I found some shiny green enamel dots that matched his green hospital gown. 

I hope this inspires you to use you stencils in a new and fast way!! 

Thanks for stopping by!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Art Impressions  - Get Well (available at Michaels)
Stencil: Sweet Stamps - Bannister
Spectrum Noir Markers

1 comment: