Achievements

July 6, 2016

Joy

Hello!!

HSN is having a 24 hour craft day today and Crafter's Companion will be on several times today!! They are showcase lots of new products, including their new Gemini, an electronic die cutting machine. This machine and new products are available tomorrow, most will be available on CC's but not for a few months at least!

Today's project features Leonie Pujol stamps and mask!! There are a few different stamps and masks/stencils that will be on HSN today. My project uses the Joy Stencil & Mask Set and Feathery Flourish, Tangled Tails and Branching Out stamp sets.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Crafter's Companion

I picked up this simple frame at the craft store on clearance and first I pulled out the backing board and measured it. Then I cut a piece of water color card stock to theses measurements. Next I pulled out the small flower and leaf stamps from the different stamp sets.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Crafter's Companion

With the Joy mask (its clear plastic) I laid it over the middle of my water color panel, then with versamark ink I stamped the different flowers. I did a little bit at a time, stamping here and there where the mask meets the paper, then I would add white embossing powder, heat it and then start again. I continued to do this all around the mask.

When I was done stamping and embossing I used a little bit of Tombow liquid glue on the mask. I let the glue dry, this made the mask sticky and I pressed it to my paper. Now my mask would stay in place while I added ink around it. To remove I just pulled up the mask and rubbed away a few spots of dried glue.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Crafter's Companion

I used Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, and Mustard See Distress ink, starting with the pink in the middle, then the orange and finally the yellow. Next I used a paint brush and clean water and flicked water all over my panel. Once the water was dry I removed the mask and placed it in my frame!

Thanks for stopping by!! Make sure you stop by HSN today and check out all the great new products available from Crafter's Companion!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Crafter's Companion - Leonie Pujol - Feathery Flourish, Tangled Tails, Branching Out
Mask: Crafter's Companion - Leonie Pujol - Joy
Distress Ink: Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed

1 comment:

  1. I love your dainty flowers encircling the "Joy"! Such a vibrant, beautiful card, Dana!

    ReplyDelete