Achievements

August 17, 2016

Emboss Risist & Watercolor

Hello!!

This is my second card today, it's my day on the Art Impressions blog sharing a card featuring wobbles and a spinner!

This card I made for Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge - Embossing! I used SSS Falling Hearts background for my embossing and the Magical Birthday (this year's free birthday set) stamp set.
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Simon Says Stamp
I started by heat embossing the hearts with white powder. When I pressed the stamp onto the watercolor paper I pressed too hard and the rubber around the lower hearts also pressed versamark ink into the paper. At first, I was going to try to wipe away the powder, but I finally decided that I liked how it looked circling the hearts!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Simon Says Stamp

Next, pulled out my Zig Kuretake Gansai watercolors and made a rainbow with them. While that was drying I stamped the Unicorn from the Magical Birthday set. I used my Spectrum Noir Markers to color it and then fussy cut it out.
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Simon Says Stamp
I cut a strip of white card stock and stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment, then adhering it to my watercolored panel. I added the unicorn with foam tape and then pulled out a few bright buttons and white sequins. When I was happy with their placement I used a liquid adhesive to adhere them in place. Last I added the panel to a black card base.

Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you have a wonderful day!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp - Falling Hearts, Magical Birthday
Embossing Powder: Hero Arts - White
Buttons: Doodlebug Designs - Lady Bug Garden Assortment
Sequins: Neat & Tangled - Sweetheart Mix

1 comment: