Achievements

September 22, 2016

Art Impressions Challenge #193 - Cards to DIE for

Hello,

It's the second week of Art Impressions Cards to DIE for challenge!! AI just release some awesome new dies, the Placecard Pals, and Snowflake set. Make sure you stop by the AI blog for some great projects showcasing these products!!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions
My card today features the Snowflake die! These dies come attached to each and before they get separated I decided to try embossing with them! I used a tan mat available from Sizzix and ran the snowflakes through my die cutting machine on some watercolor card stock.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions

Next, I used my Spectrum Noir Aqua marker and added some ink to a pallete, with water I added the red ink over the all the snowflakes I embossed. I think this helps the embossed snowflakes stand out a bit.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions

Then I found some red card stock that matched and cut some snowflakes with it. I trimmed the snowflake panel down and tied some twine around it, then added it to a white card base.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions
With brown ink, I stamped Warm Your Heart sentiment. I first stamped it in a light Kraft colored ink, then again with a darker brown ink, this gives a nice halo look to the sentiment! Last I added the red snowflakes randomly on the card.

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you will play along with us at the AI Challenge!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Art Impressions - Warm Your Heart
Die: Art Impressions - Snowflakes
Spectrum Noir Aqua Markers: Scarlet
Twine: May Arts


1 comment:

  1. Oh Dana this is beautiful! What a great idea to use the dies to emboss!

    ReplyDelete