Achievements

January 30, 2017

Balloon Shaker Card

Hello!!

Today, I have an interactive shaker birthday card that's geared toward a little boy! I didn;t use actual balloon dies, but regular circle dies to create my balloons. And what little boy isn;t going to get a kick out of shaking this card?!?! :) I am entering this in Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes!
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Crafter's Companion
I started by using a square die and cutting some boyish pattern paper with it. Then with Crafter's Companion Die'sire Essentials Circles I first cut a big circle, then a little one. With the same dies, I cut circles from an orange and yellow pattern paper and set those aside for later.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Crafter's Companion
I placed my square with the circle holes on a 4.75 x 4.75 inch card base. With a pencil, I lightly traced around the two circles. Then I adhered the orange and yellow circles within those lines. Then I added foam tape around the two circles making sure there were no gaps. I also added some foam tape throughout the rest of the card base.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Crafter's Companion

From my stash of sequins, I added some matching sequins and stars to the center of the circles. I added a piece of clear acetate to my square top piece with the two circles cut out. For a sentiment, I stamped Happy Birthday on a piece of card stock and ripped one end. I used a stapler to attached the sentiment.
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Crafter's Companion
After removing the release paper from the foam tape I carefully lined up the circle cut out with the orange and yellow circles and pressed it all down firmly.
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Crafter's Companion

To finish my balloons I hand cut some blunt triangles and adhered them below the circles. I also adhered some twine from the balloons to the side of the card.

Thanks so much for stopping by!! I hope you have a great day!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Crafter's Companion - Sentimental Greetings
Dies: Die'sire Essentials - Circles. Square die that comes with the Gemini
Gemini
Crafter's Companion Heat Resistant Acetate
Pattern Paper: Echo Park Paper - That's My Boy
Twine: Maya Road
Sequins: Neat & Tangled - Winter Wonderland Mix. Micheals Confetti - Stars. Misc - Chunky Gold Glitter

3 comments:

  1. This is darling! I love your balloon shapes for the shaker window, and those papers are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I love these bold patterns and the collagey feel/style of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun and colourful! Love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete